- The spelling should be mainly the same as from the cover.
- Exception are words written with capital letters only. These should be replaced with the standard spelling.
- The titel must match the region (e.g.: DE-Version: „Der Herr der Ringe“, UK-Version: „Lord of the Rings“).
- No changes to the definite article (Correct: „The Terminator“. Wrong: „Terminator, The“).
- No changes to titels with a prefixed company (e.g.: „Disney's The Lion King“).
- Additions to the titel (e.g.: subtitles) should be separated with a colon (e.g.: „Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare“, „Halo 2: Multiplayer-Card-Pack“)
- Subtitles defining the version of a game (mostly limited or budget versions) has to be put in the field „Edition“ (e.g.: Gran Turismo 6 - Anniversary Edition).
- Numbers in titles should be written like on the cover (e.g.: „Dead or Alive 4“, „Soul Calibur IV“)
If there is already a version of the 'game to be added' in our database, the new game has to be added via "Add Missing Version". You will find this button on the detail page of the already exising game. We separate games into these types:
- Standard Version
- Budget Version (Platinum, Classics, Essentials, Player's Choice, etc.)
- Limited Edition (Collector's Edition, Special Edition, etc.)
- Unofficial (only available for Consoleprofiler staff)
- The version/edition has to be written in the field "Edition" - for example: Platinum, Collector's Edition,...
Illegal created or distributed versions of games (even if they some how are purchased legally) are not part of our database and will be removed. You can still 'track' these games as 'Items' in your collection.
...have no place here and will be deleted.
Demo versions of games are not tracked in our database and will be removed if added by a user. You can still 'track' these games as 'Items' in your collection.
Exception to that rule are games which are so called demos but contain nearly the same content as the original game (e.g.: „Ridge Racer Hi-Spec Demo“)
Digital copies of games (e.g: from Steam, Playstation Network, Xbox Live, GOG,...) can be added to the platform as type Digital.
Add-Ons or DLCs can be added to the database by checking the flag Addon/DLC. You can only add an Add-On or DLC if the base game is already available in the database. Add-Ons/DLCs are added to the base game via its the detail page.